Re: Problem after rebuild new kernel 2.6.12.3

From: Ed Wilts (ewilts_at_ewilts.org)
Date: 08/05/05

    Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 11:27:49 -0500
    To: yann.garcia@smartcom.com, General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 05:31:56PM +0200, Yann Garcia wrote:
    > I have actually a Redhat and I haven't found new distrib built on 2.6
    > kernel.
    > Does Anyone has more information abut this?

    includes support

    http://fedora.redhat.com/ - fully open source, freely distributable, but
    does not include support

    Fedora Core 1 was based on a 2.4 kernel. FC 2, 3, and the current FC 4
    are all based on 2.6. FC 2 was released on May 18, 2004 and FC4 on June
    13, 2005.

    This page provides a brief history although it hasn't been updated to
    reflect the FC4 and RHEL4 releases: http://fedora.redhat.com/about/history/

    --
    Ed Wilts, RHCE
    Mounds View, MN, USA

    • Re: New laptop/Linux
      ... confused with all the Linux versions to choose from. ... "Community" version of RedHat. ... It is very stable and you pay to get license and support. ... the source of their distro, and this is used by others to build distros ...
      (comp.os.linux.portable)
    • Re: New laptop/Linux
      ... confused with all the Linux versions to choose from. ... "Community" version of RedHat. ... It is very stable and you pay to get license and support. ... the source of their distro, and this is used by others to build distros ...
      (comp.os.linux.portable)
    • Re: New laptop/Linux
      ... confused with all the Linux versions to choose from. ... "Community" version of RedHat. ... It is very stable and you pay to get license and support. ... the source of their distro, and this is used by others to build distros ...
      (comp.os.linux.portable)
    • Re: Fate of RedHat
      ... I think that you will find that it not what redHat did that has upset people. ... I don't know the exact support terms, but I think it was something like 'we ... agreed with anyone being called and 'Engineer' under such a sustem as this - ... I'm not an accountant, and have no access to their accounts, but I'm ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Pay for MS anti-malware service!
      ... get the free version (no Redhat support) here ... ... >> packages they will need so I can reasonably support it for them. ... >> include all the packages in Redhat Enterprise. ... >> other software companies including Microsoft? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)