Re: test - why it "FAILED"

From: Lew Bloch (conrad_at_lewscanon.com)
Date: 08/08/05

    Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:37:37 -0400
    To: redhat-list@redhat.com

    >Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:16:32 +0500
    >From: Muhammad Rizwan <rizwan@nixpanel.com>
    >Subject: Re: test
    >
    >why this is failed, a im already subscribed to this list...
    >
    >On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 16:22, Lokrin wrote:
    >

    >>Muhammad Rizwan wrote:
    >>

    >>>test
    >>>

    >> FAILED

    It failed because you sent a message to the list that neither requested
    nor offered assistance.

    I believe the "FAILED" answer was a gentle, humorous hint to alert you
    to that fact. No one wants to hurt anyone's feelings, but messages like
    that "test" are just spam on the list and one should avoid sending them.

    You share the list with everyone. Please follow standard list etiquette,
    including not spamming the list, bottom posting rather than top posting,
    making your subject line specific, quoting only relevant parts of the
    original message(s) (rather than the whole thread or, worse, the whole
    message digest), sending in plain text rather than HTML, and so forth.

    All these conventions are in service of making the list useful and easy
    for everyone.

    • Re: OT: Why so many headhunters right now?
      ... path of least resistance to me is just to ignore all that spam. ... become so good at spotting non-spam messages among the massive bulk ... particularly want to quote are interleaved with the text I write. ... This is a combination of top- and bottom posting which preserves ...
      (comp.arch.embedded)
    • Re: OT, too. Who Let the Dogs Out?
      ... Only spam is not tolerated. ... If she does not have good filter ability, ... That the venom some bottom posting ... advocates exude is absolutely insane! ...
      (rec.food.cooking)
    • Re: OT: Why so many headhunters right now?
      ... to me, thus saving connect time, etc. ... is not spam - and thus perhaps offend someone by not replying to it ... particularly want to quote are interleaved with the text I write. ... This is a combination of top- and bottom posting which preserves ...
      (comp.arch.embedded)
    • Re: Harddisks: Seek, Read, Write, Read, Write, Slow ?
      ... >> surgery on that part of your eye so you don't see it. ... Post spam, emnail spam, screen spam, spam on spam, to hell with that. ... In fact it works BETTER with bottom posting. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
    • Re: Harddisks: Seek, Read, Write, Read, Write, Slow ?
      ... >> surgery on that part of your eye so you don't see it. ... Post spam, emnail spam, screen spam, spam on spam, to hell with that. ... In fact it works BETTER with bottom posting. ...
      (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)