RE: Physical memory showing 256MB instead of 2GB

From: McDougall, Marshall (FSH) (MarMcDouga_at_gov.mb.ca)
Date: 09/23/05

    Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:52:37 -0500
    To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    "My RHEL 3.0 ES linux machine is showing 256 MB of physical memory
    instead of 2 GB..."

    In the bios on our Dell servers is a parameter " OS install mode on/off"
    If it is on then the machine will only report 256 MB of ram. I don't
    know what kind of machine you have, but you might want to look at that.

    Regards, Marshall

    • Re: New HD isnt showing
      ... After rebooting and reentering BIOS, the new drive is now showing the ... Disk Manager shows the drive and let me partition it as an extended drive. ...
      (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
    • Re: removing slave hard drive
      ... You might try going into setup and select "Reset BIOS Defaults". ... > Thanks primary drive is showing up in bios and is 1st ... > still will not boot to windows can not get past verifying ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
    • RE: How long does your Vista 64x take to boot?
      ... BIOS posting from power on (bios set to post all device handshaking) ... Installed Physical Memory 4.00 GB ... Speed Up the Performance of Vista=Performance Maintenance ...
    • How long does your Vista 64x take to boot?
      ... When Vista does boot without incident this is how long it customarily takes my PC: ... BIOS posting from power on ... Installed Physical Memory 4.00 GB ...
    • Re: 4GB Ram Installed / Total Physical Ram = 2.75GB?
      ... OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation ... System Model NFORCE 780i SLI ... Installed Physical Memory 4.00 GB ... Memory remapping in bios isn't an option cause it's not there in the ...