RE: Could not open connection to the host, on port 143

I recycled the machine. Now, "iptables -L" is showing perfect output. And I am able to telnet at 143.

Thank you all for the kind help. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nagarjuna Rao Cherukuri
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:51 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: RE: Could not open connection to the host, on port 143

[root@hydlmuk2 mail]# iptables -L
/lib/modules/2.4.9-e.3/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
/lib/modules/2.4.9-e.3/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.9-e.3/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.9-e.3/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: insmod ip_tables failed
iptables v1.2.4: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables who? (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Looks like something is wrong. Should I install something again?