Re: Other computers cannot ping my computer

On 12/2/05, Alfred Hovdestad <alfred.hovdestad@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Let's look at this from the other end. What message do the other
> machines in the network get when they try to ping you? Can they
> resolve your host name to your IP address (host SERVER)? Are they
> trying to ping your hostname or your IP address? If they cannot ping
> your hostname, have them try pinging your IP address. Maybe your
> hostname is not registered with your DNS server.
>
> Alfred Hovdestad, RHCE
> University of Saskatchewan

The output for the iptables -L -t nat is as follows:

Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

The output of iptables -L -t mangle is as follows:

iptables: libiptc/libip4tc.c:380: do_check: Assertion
`h->info.valid_hooks == (1 << 0 | 1 << 3)' failed.
It also gave me segmentation fault and core was dumped.

Also, other machines are trying to ping me through my ip address
only. But they are on different subnet than mine. They are on 192
network.

Regards,
Nupur

  • Re: Squid as default gateway in proxy mode.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: setting up nat
    ... graphical firewall config tools on FC don't do NAT. ... You should realise that netfilter rules applied using the 'iptables' ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [9fans] Do we have a catalog of 9P servers?
    ... iptables on Linux needs to keep in order to provide NAT capabilities it ... You seem to be extremely out of the field with respect to what iptables does and how normal NAT is implemented on a *BSD system. ... do any of you 9fans have an internal network behind a gateway that runs Plan 9? ...
    (comp.os.plan9)
  • MDKSA-2002:030 - temporary fix for netfilter information leak
    ... (NAT) ... It was found that iptables can leak information ... You can view other update advisories for Mandrake Linux at: ... pub 1024D/22458A98 2000-07-10 Linux Mandrake Security Team ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: internet connection sharing.
    ... Ummm IPTABLES??? ... script that sets up NAT and does just this. ... > What I would like to do is to change my computer back to RedHat, ...
    (RedHat)