Mail Forwarding Not Working

I just upgraded one of my workstations to RHEL 4.0. I configured
sendmail and /etc/aliases the same as other RHEL 4.0 systems. Email
going to root gets forwarded to my corporate email address with no
problems from the other systems but not from the new one. I can send
email directly to my corporate email address OK but if I send it to
root, I never get the email and if I check to see if root has mail on
the system, there is none. If I look in the /var/log/maillog file on a
system that works I can see the mail is going to our smart relay host
with the alias address for root. On the system that doesn't work, the
mail is going to our smart relay host addressed to root. Got any ideas
why this is happening? Thanks in advance for your input.

rja

  • RE: Mail Forwarding Not Working
    ... Did you remember to run the "newaliases" command after editing the aliases file? ... I just upgraded one of my workstations to RHEL 4.0. ... root, I never get the email and if I check to see if root has mail on ... mail is going to our smart relay host addressed to root. ...
    (RedHat)
  • PXE boot prob on RHEL
    ... Trying to boot an aging optiplex gx110 for rhel. ... Kernal panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:03 ... I was able to install both rh9 and rhel on this same machine ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RHEL on optiplex?
    ... Trying to boot an aging optiplex gx110 for rhel. ... Kernal panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:03 ... I was able to install both rh9 and rhel on this same machine ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: read access on passwd file
    ... standards. ... > On RHEL 4 at least the shadow file is only readable by root. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: read access on passwd file
    ... standards. ... > On RHEL 4 at least the shadow file is only readable by root. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)