Re: cups on RHEL4

As I remember it, there are a decent amount of differences between RHEL3
and RHEL4.

I'd check your startup logs and such, see what is complaining. The
printer spool directories should be checked as well.

Are the printers direct attached or network printers served by the Linux
machine?

Thanks,

Tom Callahan
TESSCO Technologies
(443)-506-6216
callahant@xxxxxxxxxx

A real engineer only resorts to documentation when the keyboard dents on the forehead get too noticeable.

Margaret_Doll wrote:

> I just switched from RHEL3 to RHEL4 on one of my servers. The
> configuration files were just moved from one system to the other.
>
> Macs and other unix computers used to be able to connect through port
> 631 to cups to do their printing on the RHEL3 system. They no longer
> can.
>
> I have selinux disable because I don't understand it completely and
> did not want it interfering with printing.
> I have 631 tcp and udp enabled in iptables.
>
> The Macs time out saying that port 631 is busy on the server.
>
> What do I need to open up?

  • RHEL3, RHEL4, openssh and openldap
    ... Well, after weeks of fighting, I got openldap working, including ... but that was between two RHEL4 boxen. ... have an RHEL3 box (and no, I don't look to get permission to upgrade it ... The RHEL4 are running openssh 3.9.p1-8, pam 0.77-65, and openldap ...
    (RedHat)
  • RE: Simple bash problem.
    ... I just tested on RHEL3 and RHEL4 here. ... NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. ... Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park, ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: file size limit question
    ... > I am trying to take zip backup of a directory. ... But, the zip command ... The update to zip is in RHEL4 but doesn't seem to be in RHEL3 yet. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Simple bash problem.
    ... On 1/28/07, inode0 wrote: ... I just tested on RHEL3 and RHEL4 here. ... being trapped on RHEL3 by this script. ...
    (RedHat)
  • cups on RHEL4