Gcc for cross-compiling

I don't have a compiler on my prod HP-UX box. I'm not
a gcc expert (can't even write C), but I'm pretty
sure I can use gcc on Linux to compile a simple
.c file into a HP-UX binary.

Flew through the gcc manpage, and the answer
didn't seem to be there...

Anyone know the flags I'll need to create
an HP-UX binary?

redhat-list mailing list

  • Re: [SLE] Cross Compiler for HPUX
    ... > Has anyone had success building a gcc cross compiler for a hpux host? ... > I have a suse machine with gcc and i wish to compile C code for a HPUX11i ... HP-UX has a much different set of libraries and header files. ...
  • Re: PPS, (PowerPoint slide) viewer on hpux
    ... > It's HP-UX which needs special treatment. ... HP ANSI C compiler via "c89" (which seems to suggest that these flags ... 'So' they get gcc, but still miss the X include files. ... hobbyists, perhaps http://www.testdrive.hp.com/ might be of help ...
  • /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unrecognized argument: +init
    ... I try to compile OpenLDAP on HP-UX 11.11 PA-RISC. ... openldap-2.1.30 source distribution ... gcc 3.3.3 - binary depot for HP_UX ...
  • Re: Whats the difference between function declaration and function prototype?
    ... The C compiler that came with the system would recognize ... prototypes, and tell you that you needed to buy their other C compiler ... As I recall, there is now a gcc for HP-UX, eliminating that hurdle. ...
  • Re: DBD::Oracle and HPUX
    ... Also had built perl using gcc. ... trying to get it to work with gcc on HP-UX. ... > HPUX and DBD for Oracle and it seems that it is ...