slocate doesn't

Hi gang

I've discovered one of my RHEL AS3 machines doesn't locate at all. Whenever I run locate, it doesn't return anything regardless of what I search for.

I ran slocate -u to try and rebuild the slocate.db file. It took quite a while but it finished. The locate still didn't happen. I even tried to specify the slocate.db in the arguments with -d and it still returned nothing even though the slocate.db file is quite large.

What am I missing here?

-Michael

  • RE: Make Work work properly on flat panels rotated 90deg
    ... coincidentally - amounts to the approximate number of inches you claim you'e ... missing. ... This is the case regardless of screen size. ... Get a rotatable 19" LCD panel and you'll see for youself. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • A new direction for computer music?
    ... culminating with a course in music technology. ... After graduating I ... allows you to adjust instrumentation, add hits, and even specify the ... The really cool thing was that the regardless of the specified ...
    (rec.music.makers.synth)
  • Linux based music creation
    ... culminating with a course in music technology. ... After graduating I ... allows you to adjust instrumentation, add hits, and even specify the ... The really cool thing was that the regardless of the specified ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: OT: In Good Faith
    ... abandoned the canoe very early in the proceedings. ... And if the missing person had been a woman, she'd have been "mother-of-two", regardless of type of sailing craft, occupation or other status. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Consequences of breaking RSA, AES
    ... >> Now you as investor has to decide whether you do put ... Or am I missing something? ... for one wins thereby regardless of the direction the ... with options 'regardless' of the direction the stock ...
    (sci.crypt)