RE: Given an object/executable how to identify the compiler used tocompile it.

Thank you for your immediate attention.

I see the the following when I tried on one of the machines=>

%strings -a {programName} | grep GCC
GCC: (GNU) 3.2.2 (SuSE Linux)
GCC: (GNU) 3.2.2 (SuSE Linux)
GCC: (GNU) 3.2.2 (SuSE Linux)
GCC: (GNU) 3.2.2 (SuSE Linux)
GCC: (GNU) 3.2.2 (SuSE Linux)
GCC: (GNU) 3.3.1 (SuSE Linux)
GCC: (GNU) 3.3.1 (SuSE Linux)
GCC: (GNU) 3.3.1 (SuSE Linux)
GCC: (GNU) 3.3.1 (SuSE Linux)
It is strange because I have Centos 4.2, Shouldn't it be showing RedHat ?
instead of SuSE ?

And why do I see differenence in the minor version numbers.

Thank you for anyfeed back,
-AK