Re: how to mount nfs shares with user write access

--- Serge Dubrouski <sergeyfd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Check permissions on the NFS server. Make sure that
regular users can
write to exported the filesystem.

On 7/26/06, Bliss, Aaron <ABliss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I'm having trouble mounting a nfs export so that
non-root users can
write to the share; the share is exported with rw
; As root, I can write
to the share, however normal users get a
permission denied error; I'm
getting the same results whether I manually mount
the partition or
access the partition thru autofs (both ways I'm
mounting with rw as an
option); any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Aaron

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic
message is intended for the exclusive use of the
individual or entity named above and may contain
privileged or confidential information. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that dissemination, distribution or copying of this
information is prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by telephone and destroy the
copies you received.

--

I think that NFS uses uid's and gid's to check
permissions, If you don't use NIS, that would cause