Can't connect to MySQL server

I installed a MySQL on a RHEL server, and I want to connect to the database
from another computer.
but i keep getting "IP not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"
As you know RedHat Linux Enterprise enable firewall by default, I run the
firewall setting,
and allow port 3306.

What could be worng?

root@intra init.d]# mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 72 to server version: 5.0.24

mysql> quit
Bye
[root@intra init.d]# nmap localhost

Starting nmap 3.70 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-08-10 14:58
EEST
Interesting ports on intra (127.0.0.1):
(The 1654 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open ssh
111/tcp open rpcbind
631/tcp open ipp
1521/tcp open oracle
3306/tcp open mysql
5520/tcp open sdlog

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.206 seconds
[root@intra init.d]# telnet localhost 3306
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
4
5.0.24I0pd&-N#a,A^8;^I1XIDYrConnection closed by foreign host.
[root@intra init.d]# telnet 127.0.0.1 3306
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to intra (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
4
5.0.24J|Q]`K6i2,ZN[[:O]ecCeQConnection closed by foreign host.
[root@intra init.d]# telnet 10.5.1.177 3306
Trying 10.5.1.177...
Connected to intra (10.5.1.177).
Escape character is '^]'.
CHost '10.5.1.177' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverConnection
closed by foreign host.
[root@intra init.d]#

--
Communications/Network and Systems Engineer

  • Re: iptables/routing network problem
    ... I have a pptp connection from my house to my server using ... trying to make mysql access able from the 192.168.2.0/24 ... So I found out it's the pptp connection who is malicious configured ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Does apache stop a script mid execution ?
    ... If the user calls a time consuming script and then stops or refreshes ... How does it relate to e.g. a script performing a large mysql query? ... 2.b) how the connection is set up. ... the server stops the script execution. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Does apache stop a script mid execution ?
    ... If the user calls a time consuming script and then stops or refreshes ... the way the client is implemented in the php mysql extension and 2.b) how the connection is set up. ... the server stops the script execution. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: hitting the limits
    ... relatively straight forward MySql database. ... 10K visitors a month and an 80Mb database are nothing. ... heavily loaded server. ... But the connection will hang around until the garbage ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: VFP8 & MySQL
    ... > VFP functions like NVL to a MySQL one, definitely it made the switch very ... > About your connection problem, I have mine setup as default for 100 ... As for the server, we left it ... The server crashed and corrupted the database. ...