Re: delay after ssh'ing into a server

El Viernes, 6 de Octubre de 2006 17:18, Bill Tangren escribió:
Stephen Carville wrote:
Bill Tangren wrote:
Stephen Carville wrote:
Bill Tangren wrote:
Mahesh Pokala wrote:
Check /etc/resolv.conf for valid dns entries
Check /etc/nsswitch.conf for valid entries.

I don't see anything unusual in them, and I haven't changed them.
Also, they are the same as the same files on the other servers, and
those servers don't have this problem. I've tried this from several
different servers. I've also asked others to try, and they have the
same problem.

try ssh -vv user@wherever to see where the hang is happening.

[root@eunomia ~]# ssh -vv bjt@aa
OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003
debug1: Applying options for *
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to aa [10.1.5.93] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: permanently_set_uid: 0/0
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_dsa type -1

Then the 30 second pause... then

Still looks like name resolution problem. Just for S&G try putting yoru
machine and IP address in /etc/hosts and make sure yout host line in
nsswitch.conf includes files. AKA:

hosts: files dns

I already had "hosts: files dns" in /etc/nsswitch.conf, and I added

10.1.5.154 eunomia.usno.navy.mil eunomia

to /etc/hosts. I then restarted network just to make sure the hosts file
was reread. No change. There is still a 30 second delay.

Hi Bill.

I got similar problem some weeks ago. With similar I mean so much more time
when triying to log into a server trough ssh. Neither the same distro nor DNS
problem.

After changing thousands of things of sshd_config and stuff, I was still on
troubles. Finally, I realized that real problem was the load of that machine,
it was at least 10 or 15, so I kill the process (apache one) and everything
went normal.

I supposse you to know what your average load is, but, these are my 2
cents :-)
Greetings

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.

  • Update: Unable to login without password using ssh
    ... The permission on the .ssh directory was following ... I have other servers which are working. ... debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be trusted. ... debug1: sent kexinit: none ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: delay after sshing into a server
    ... Also, they are the same as the same files on the other servers, and those servers don't have this problem. ... debug1: Connecting to aa port 22. ... I then restarted network just to make sure the hosts file was reread. ... There is still a 30 second delay. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: delay after sshing into a server [SOLVED]
    ... Also, they are the same as the same files on the other servers, and those servers don't have this problem. ... debug1: Connecting to aa port 22. ... I then restarted network just to make sure the hosts file was reread. ... It was the USERID on the log_on_success line that was causing the problem. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: delay after sshing into a server
    ... Also, they are the same as the same files on the other servers, and those servers don't have this problem. ... debug1: Connecting to aa port 22. ... I then restarted network just to make sure the hosts file was reread. ... Or you can shut down the regular sshd and start one of Debug mode. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Perl <-> Expect
    ... I dont think the ssh option is always available to everyone. ... servers by default. ... >>I need to telnet some hosts automatically without supplying password. ...
    (perl.beginners)