Re: [redhat-list] the network service stopped

El Viernes, 6 de Octubre de 2006 22:02, Instituto de Ingenieria Área de
Sistemas Unix/Linux escribió:
Greetings:

I recently patched the kernel of my Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS v.3 and the
network service stopped working, this is the error that appears in the
messages log:

nsmod:/lib/modules/2.4.21-47.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/net/e1000/e1000.o: insmod
eth0 failed

insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.21-47.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/net/e1000/e1000.o: The
module you are trying to load
(/lib/modules/2.4.21-47.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/net/e1000/e1000.o)
is compiled with a gcc version 2 compiler, while the kernel you are running
is compiled with a gcc version 3 compiler. This is known to not work.

So in order to have a working network in my server i must boot the system
with the previous kernel 2.4.21-4 .
Can this problem be solved? If so, please,could you give me any suggestions
to solve this problem with the new kernel?

thank you very much

Errrrr, did you read the error? It's quite obvious

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.