Working outside window

Hi all. Firstly, for all the questions below, I DON'T WANT to enter window.

What command can I use to dial-out to ISP without going into window? What are the files that I need to setup? Also, what are needed/setup and how to retrieve my emails using uucp cause it is not a pop3 account? Sendmail can wait first cause I can send emails using window's email software.

I am using Redhat 9. How do I check what services are started when system starts? Not every script in a runlevel is started right? I cannot find linuxconf!

When are the files in sysconfig used? What is the meaning of m in config-2.4.20-8? Example CONFIG_MICROCODE=m

Thank you.

  • cannot receive or send emails
    ... send emails again. ... Security window that pops up asking for email server user name and password. ... My ISP changed my ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Opening my email in outlook express
    ... aka Kuay Tim ... > when I updated all of the windows and office security updates. ... > emails come through. ... >> the emails in my folders will not display in the preview window. ...
  • Re: old mail
    ... I've been trying to use Vista's Indexing Service for over 4 years, ever since Vista was in early beta. ... At the moment, Win7's Indexing Options window says I have over 3.3 million items indexed - but a search for a fellow Rotarian turns up just 2 hits, although I know there should be at least hundreds of mentions in emails, plus many more in our weekly Rotary newsletter, which I edited for 3 years and stored in Microsoft Office Publisher files here on my hard drive. ...
  • Re: Virus - the RE: Details, RE: Approved, RE: wicked screensaver
    ... but what a pain in the neck getting 100+ alerts to new ... >from seeing anymore of these emails. ... >in the new window that opens, ... >> Hi, yes, I have an antivirus software that is updated ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: BLANK OE-6 eMail text area in todays and any previous days email
    ... by from my ISP, then the text area of the message is completely empty, so I ... received emails and thir contents are displayed in each one's message window ... I cannot find any "option" that affects the display of message text. ...