Re: Problem Booting redhat machine

No i just get nothing on the screen at all.

Regards

[IMAGE]
|+-------------------------+---------------------------------------------|
|| "Atul Tyagi" | |
|| <tyagi.atul@xxxxxxxxx>|         To:        "General Red Hat Linux |
|| Sent by: | discussion list" <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx> |
|| redhat-list-bounces@re|         cc: |
|| dhat.com |         Subject:        Re: Problem |
|| | Booting redhat machine |
|| 30/10/2006 07:38 | |
|| Please respond to | |
|| General Red Hat Linux | |
|| discussion list | |
|| | |
|+-------------------------+---------------------------------------------|

Do you pass the Power o Self Test on the server.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power-On_Self_Test

On 10/30/06, Andrew.Bridgeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
Andrew.Bridgeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am currently having a problem with 4 Hp proliant servers that since
Friday when they where powered off will not come back up. The machines
power, disk and network are all fine but when i power the machine up i do
not get anything appear on the screen at all , i have tried two different
monitors that i know work fine but i do not even get anything on the
screen
not even the proliant screens on initial boot , let alone the linux boot
sequence.

Has anybody seen this before, what else can i check for and what can i do
get it back up and running?

Regards

[IMAGE](Embedded image moved to file: pic20945.jpg)

  • Re: Problem Booting redhat machine
    ... Do you pass the Power o Self Test on the server. ... I am currently having a problem with 4 Hp proliant servers that since ... not even the proliant screens on initial boot, ... This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Driver S3 Pro SavageDDR (long, with XF86Config)
    ... > X server and now I can start the X, but only with 8 bits, so the screen is ... you may already have the driver, or still need to install it. ... EndSection ... # the way multiple screens are organised. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Multiple Pointers, Xinput and thin clients (remote X)
    ... I have a thin client connecting to a X terminal ... server using XDMCP and gdm. ... # Module section -- this section is used to specify ... # the way multiple screens are organised. ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: Newby cant get Xwindows running
    ... > My main interest in linux is as an alternative to nt server, ... > Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER ... > EndSection ... > # the way multiple screens are organised. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: LCD monitor, DVI connection, resolution problem
    ... # ModulePath can be used to set a search path for the X server modules. ... Section "InputDevice" ... # Identifier "spaceball" ... # the way multiple screens are organised. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)