Re: Getting German special characters(Ex: Ü) printed on the terminal

Padiyath Sreekumaran schrieb:
Hello,
Iam running Redhat SL 3.0 on my Desktop machine. I use KDE.
How can I get Greman special characters printed correctly on the screen.? I donot see the in KDE window "Settings" menu
the "Encoding" submenu. If I had this submenu then it is easier
to select the correct character type.(iso-8859-1). How can I install the "Encoding" part of the SW? Is it possible
to define the character type from Unix commands? I tried the following without success:

export LC_CTYPE=iso_8859_1

I will appreciate very much your help.

Hi,

what dose your /etc/sysconfig/i18n looks like?

/Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax +49 7141 969 55 420
mailto:goetz.reinicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg
Mathildenstr. 20
71638 Ludwigsburg
http://www.filmakademie.de/

  • =?iso-8859-1?q?Getting_German_special_characters=28Ex=3A_=DC=29_?= =?iso-8859-1?q?pr
    ... Iam running Redhat SL 3.0 on my Desktop machine. ... I use KDE. ... If I had this submenu then it is easier ... to select the correct character type.. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Looking for tutorial...
    ... I know of no tutorial or resource, but it is doable with ASP/VBScript and Access. ... MenuID = 6 Character text field, ... SubMenuID = 6 Character text field: match content in SubMenu table, ... > Sub sub menu ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: KDE - Backspace not working
    ... John Scudder wrote: ... In all KDE applications and terminal ... >> when I enter another character the letter 'q' is inserted before that ... After I restarted kde a new .kde folder was ...
    (comp.windows.x.kde)
  • Re: KDE - Backspace not working
    ... John Scudder wrote: ... In all KDE applications and terminal ... >> when I enter another character the letter 'q' is inserted before that ... After I restarted kde a new .kde folder was ...
    (comp.windows.x.kde)
  • Re: [opensuse] Ctl+Alt+F2
    ... between Gnome and KDE for switching desktops). ... What's the easiest way to get back to KDE? ... something better than logging in at the character prompt, ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)