/bin/kill

I have a corrupt /bin/kill command and would like to replace it, but can't find the rpm that I need to reinstall. I downloaded the latest coreutils rpm and forced and install with that, but that didn't do it. Can somebody lead me into the right direction? I am running RHEL AS 4.4

Thanks
Steve

  • rpm and wget -c
    ... just played with the command rpm --showrc to see just what ftp'ish ... command is used by rpm (and hence yum). ... Trying other mirror. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Power cut woes
    ... Should I just nuke it and start again? ... "rpm -Va | less". ... want to see what it is doing, you can add a -v to the command. ... You should consider using ext3 file systems ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [SLE] Help with using rpm
    ... You could make the changes there and 'customize' the rpm ... spec name. ... A good study is to install the source rpm for a package you ... Edit the spec file's configure command. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Zypper died suddenly!
    ... to the responses to my "Changing zypper command" message of last week. ... It *might* also indicate that 'libzypp' was updated - since that would have ... rpm -q libzypp ... Initially though, just try with zypper-.rpm, run the rpm command, ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: MD5ing a directory tree in Linux?
    ... Use the 'find' command to find all the files you want to identify, ... at least on an RPM based system. ... of the files on disc to the md5 stored in the RPM database. ... MD5'ing a directory tree in Linux? ...
    (Security-Basics)