Re: Searching child OU's for authentication

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Bliss, Aaron wrote:

I have a quick question on apache configuration when attempting to
authenticate against Active Directory; the following configuration works
great for users that are in the Test OU, however it doesn't seem to work
for users that are in an OU below the Test OU; is there any way to
configure apache to search recursively in the AD ldap domain until it
finds and answer? Thanks very much for your help.

The example I posted at
http://www.jeremygaddis.com/2005/01/18/apache-authentication-against-active-directory
still works for me, over two years later (it's been used in production since then).

HTH,
-j

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
LinuxWiz Consulting http://linuxwiz.net

  • RE: how to login a Windows domaine/user programaticaly in a Web Service ?
    ... You need to authenticate the users against the Active Directory. ... This causes ASP.NET to impersonate the account that is configured as the ... As a result of this configuration, ...
  • Re: Basic Authentication + IIS 5 + Windows 2000 + Frontpage 2002 = failure?
    ... This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... |> In my setup, I cannot log in to the local computer, only the domain. ... |>> extra bit added to the configuration of this puzzle, ... |>> authenticate, and can use the local administrator account to ...
  • Re: How to setup authentication across domains within a forest?
    ... forest, regardless of their location. ... DCs for the domain ... Windows 2003 Server Deployment Guide (Active Directory ... >> authentication db and users authenticate to the ...
  • Re: Forms Authentication non-persistent cookie not expiring after closing the browser
    ... If you authenticate against the Active Directory, why not host your solution under intergrated security? ... I use non-persistent cookie so ... that the user is NOT remembered across browser sessions. ...
  • Re: Wireless network w/ SBS
    ... actual do authenticate prior to log in but very late in the start up ... the computer certificate is not installed properly, ... policies are user lever. ... I document are in "Computer Configuration" and NONE of them are in "User ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)