configuring menus Fedora core

I have never like the menus in Linux. I am unable figure out how to change the menus. I have figured out how to add to some of the menus, but cannot find out how to change the core of the menus.

I would like to change the structure completely i.e. no system menu. would someone please point me to a primer on the menu structures.

I have not had any luck doing any searches.

Thanks
david

  • Re: Goodbye Linux
    ... Some things (Key Drives, ... A few notes on Linux: ... The menus need an overhaul - there is too much choice! ... Distro's should have a Basic User install option which changes the names ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Quik question: Debian installation side by side with Centos
    ... I don't really care about what you termed "eye candy". ... whatever Linux has common applications is the one I want. ... get fixed, it's actually *impossible* to put menus on sides of your desktop, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Is there such a thing as too much gui?
    ... > I use Linux, but only so far as I can do things with menus - gui ... > use Windows, which gets more developers to write Linux versions, ... so why learn the internal arcana of it when a GUI makes it obvious ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Is there such a thing as too much gui?
    ... > I use Linux, but only so far as I can do things with menus - gui ... > use Windows, which gets more developers to write Linux versions, ... imply that there will be more competent developers available. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: suggestion for making linux more mainstream
    ... > application, add a link to the executable, or to the script that ... > runs the executable (since linux seems to have one or the other ... Though it seems to me that looking at the list in the package that you ... What you have in your menus is up to you, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)