Enabling a second nic(eth1) disconnects eth0

Hello all:
I'm trying to enable a second nic in my box. The second nic
is on a different network and uses a different gateway. Once I enable the
second(eth1) nic the first nic(eth0) loses connectivity. Note, the nics
are connected via patch panel and the patch panel is connected to the
switch.

--
Ezra Taylor

  • Re: Local Only network
    ... Vista Local Only and Limited or No Connectivity. ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... it sees the local network fine but will not go out the gateway. ...
  • Re: 3 Nics - Dual (Tripe) Homed Host
    ... > my gateway/router machine could still provide connectivity between the two ... will need to enable forwarding to configure it to be a gateway system. ... TSG Network Administration ... If you are not the intended recipient, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: DHCP problem on workgroup
    ... I don't think it's DHCP problem since setting static IP address also didn't ... help you getting connected to your network. ... >>> the wireless gateway as the default gateway) ... Then see if you get proper network connectivity. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Local Only network
    ... Vista Local Only and Limited or Not Connectivity ... I tried connecting it wirelessly to my AirPort wireless and it would connect and could see everything on the network including the gateway, ...
  • Re: Enabling a second nic(eth1) disconnects eth0
    ... On 25/04/07, Ezra Taylor wrote: ... is on a different network and uses a different gateway. ... secondnic the first nicloses connectivity. ... are connected via patch panel and the patch panel is connected to the ...
    (RedHat)