Re: Redhat version 4 users - Question

On 5/17/07, Andrew.Bridgeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Andrew.Bridgeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could you someone tell me what kernel version and glibc element version is
shipped with Redhat version 4, I am currently looking at software
compatibility with version 4.

FYI - the glibc version is normally located in /usr/share/doc and kernel
version is just a uname -a command.

For RHEL 4 Update 5,
kernel - 2.6.9-55.EL
glibc - 2.3.4-2.36

--
Regards,
Mohd Irwan Jamaluddin

  • Re: Contents of redhat-list digest...
    ... limiting CPU access per user ... Old Version of kermit Source Code ... handle kernel NULL pointer ... barcode reader, from TRU-64 to Redhat. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: RedHat 10 wishlist
    ... But performance is not everything SATA ... the smaller form factor drives. ... > kernel, ... >> REdhat is to wrap more stuff into its coming workstation release that I ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: difficulty recompiling RHEL 4.2 kernel
    ... RHEL 4.2 specialized for scientific apps by Fermilab, CERN, and several ... Linux managers at Fermilab say my earlier problems were in parts of the ... You would hardly expect RedHat to do something about a rewritten version. ... You recompile your kernel only if you have narrowed down the error to the ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • RE: wuftpd problems (Juda Masamy) (Sorin Srbu)
    ... I think my fc6 redhat is 32bit, is it the reason why I cant compile wu-ftpd as 64bit? ... How to upgrade the kernel ... Re: Support Level ...
    (RedHat)
  • RedHat 10 wishlist
    ... I strongly urge RedHat to reconsider the methods required to manage kernel ... available from the installation CDs. ... This would make RedHat Linux far more attractive to ...
    (linux.redhat)