Memory Utilization

Hello All,

I have installed the JDK 1.5 and Tomcat on Linux, When
I start the Tomcat the memory utilization of tomcat is
40MB and after some clicks its increase to 45 mb and
then its keep increasing but in windows it doesnot
happen even if the tomcat in idle condition the memory
goes down but in linux case its not flush the memory
size, could any one please tell me what is the right
solution.

at Starting time :

[retaildriver@Centos ~]$ ps -eo
rss,pmem,pcpu,comm,user | grep java
41296 4.0 0.0 java retaildriver

After some time 2 hr or in idle condition :

[retaildriver@Centos ~]$ ps -eo
rss,pmem,pcpu,comm,user | grep java
82243 8.2 0.0 java retaildriver

  • JVM memory problem on Linux
    ... I have encountered a problem using tomcat, ... My problem seem to be a JVM memory deallocation problem on Linux. ... another configuration problem. ...
    (comp.lang.java)
  • Re: JVM memory problem on Linux
    ... > I have encountered a problem using tomcat, ... > My problem seem to be a JVM memory deallocation problem on Linux. ...
    (comp.lang.java)
  • Re: More threads
    ... I upgraded to a machine with more memory thinking i had solved my OutOfMemeoryError, - but low and behold, it was my heap size allocation.... ... I been benchmarking a Java servlet I have created and I want to be able to handle a massive amount of simultaneous connections. ... When I max it out with my benchmarks I get this in catalina Tomcat 5.5 but there is still plenty of free memory to the Tomcat process. ... I have been getting the best performance with libthr and have been using the above libthr and with these settings below. ...
    (freebsd-performance)
  • Tomcat out of memory
    ... I've a situation where Tomcat is crashing with an out of memory error ... Tomcat becomes unresponsive, writes out of memory to the catalina log, ... that Tomcat forks javac processes to another memory partition. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: how many tomcat instances on one machine
    ... I have about 1GB of memory and the initiali heap for Tomcat is ... This email is certified to be Spam free by Spam Marshall ... >Just curious to see if anyone has run lots of separate tomcat instances on ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)