Re: how to setup ftp server in red hat enterprise level 5

I've used vsftpd which is good.

rpm -q vsftpd so see if its installed, if not up2date vsftpd

the config file is /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf

chkconfig it on and service vsftpd start

Anonymous ftp stuff goes in /var/ftp/pub, I'm not sure if the default config allows users to their home directories or not.

If you need any help let me know.

John