Re: Fiber channel with Linux

yum install kernel-devel perhaps?

John

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Mad Unix wrote:

am trying to install the HBA drivers for my Linux RHEL 5, each time I get an
error with the kernel development

[root@linux1 qlafc-linux-8.01.00-4-install]# ./qlinstall -dp

#*********************************************************#
# SANsurfer Driver Installer for Linux #
# Installer Version: 1.00.07 #
#*********************************************************#

Kernel version: 2.6.18-8.el5xen

Found QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter in the system
1: QLA2432
Installation will begin for following driver
1: qla2xxx version: v8.01.00

Preparing...

Kernel development package for 2.6.18-8.el5xen kernel is not installed.

For this Red Hat distribution
----------------------------
Install kernel-devel-2.6.18-8.el5xen RPM from its installation CD.

For Example:
Insert the installation CD in the CD drive
Let it auto mount or mount using following command
# mount /media/cdrom
Change directory to RPM directory and install
# cd /media/cdrom/Redhat/RPMS
# rpm -iv kernel-devel*.rpm
OR use the GUI
Run the Add or Remove Packages using following command
# system-config-packages
In the Add or Remove Packages window select "Development Tools"
Click on "Details" and make sure the "kernel-devel" package is selected
Close the Development Tools Package Details window
Click Update to install kernel development package

Aborting installation, required kernel packages are not installed...

error: %pre(qla2xxx-v8.01.00-3.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping qla2xxx-v8.01.00-3

[root@linux1 qlafc-linux-8.01.00-4-install]# rpm -aq | grep kernel
kernel-xen-devel-2.6.18-8.1.15.el5
kernel-headers-2.6.18-8.el5
kernel-xen-2.6.18-8.el5