From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Barry Brimer
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:30 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: RE: Failover IP router

Red Hat Cluster Suite is included in RHEL 5 but is an add-on for RHEL 3 and RHEL
4. For completeness, it was included in RHEL 2.1 AS and was not available as an
add-on for RHEL 2.1 ES.

Before RHCS, I used to use keepalived with LVS.

Quoting "Florez, Nestor" <NFlorez@xxxxxxxxx>:

Steven,

I am trying to do the exact same thing and I even open
a ticket with red hat and all the can tell me is that I
need to purchase the cluster suite http://www.redhat.com/cluster_suite/

what did people do before the cluster suite was around.

I trying to duplicate the systems with clonezilla or
systemimager.

SO far for failover I have heard of hearbeat (this is one of the packages
that the cluster suite uses) and DRDB here is an article:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9074
http://linux-ha.org/LearningAboutHeartbeat

If you find out more please let me know because I am in the same search path.

Thanks,

Néstor :-)