Re: need recommendation for best Linux supported laptop

On Dec 1, 2007 3:52 AM, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez <manuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

El Sábado, 1 de Diciembre de 2007 09:43, rakesh zingade escribió:
Hi all,

I wanted to buy one laptop which will support Linux. I know that Linux
is
able to run on [ practically :) ] any kind of hardware platform.
I need this laptop for developing and testing system level codes like
device drivers, kernel modules, building different architecture targeted
systems etc.
Please recommend the kind of laptop which will sustain above mentioned
operations.

Thanks....

I have absolutely no problem with my ThinkPad and I have no problem either
with a Dell I have in my office.
My 2cents :-)

Manuel
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.

Dell sells a Ubuntu laptop
hp sells business laptops that support either red hat or suse
tuxmobil lists linux-compatible laptops
tuxmobil lists vendors who sell linux laptops
a google search will brings all of this up

virtually any laptop with a centrino chipset will support linux IF you avoid
the intel 4915 wireless card.
intle 2100, 2200, 2915, 3915 are supported

i purchased a dell 1501 with an amd turion and an interl 2815 wireless that
ran out of the box
same for dell d610.