Re: Block port 80 allow port 110&25

Please check first

#iptables -vL -n

If there will be any rules in /etc/sysconfig/iptables the rules which
you append will be given last number.

so first check and then if you found any rules there try

iptables -I instead iptables -A

On Feb 1, 2008 10:15 AM, Felipe Tornvall N. <lpct@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 01 February 2008 01:22, Toto wrote:
i'm using redhat 9 as pc router and internet access with dsl, i want to
block port 80 but allow port 110 and 25 in my lan

thanks for your help

Maybe use iptables ???? or google ?

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 25 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 110 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 1:1024 -j DROP

--
lpct@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.linuxiso.cl

Nilesh Vaghela
ElectroMech
Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner
74, Nalanda Complex, Satellite Rd, Ahmedabad
25, The Emperor, Fatehgunj, Baroda.
www.electromech.info

  • Re: Mounting nfs file systems - iptables stop
    ... Then next time whenever you login you do not need to stop iptables. ... Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner ... 25, The Emperor, Fatehgunj, Baroda. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Multiple ISP load balancing
    ... which will be different depending on your product or IPTables if you ... But if I have 3 to 4 ISP how do we manage the DNS entry ?? ... Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Running ssh on unreserved ports
    ... rattling that occurs with ssh running on a public server. ... block port 22 in iptables ... Ah, great trick. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Iptables blocking script
    ... > a) hitting more than one valid user when a bad-ass uses a proxy to defraud ... I would establish a new chain in iptables such as ... so that all that's required is to append `-I' commands on ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Port scan blocking with ipfw
    ... I was wondering if there's a way to block port scans in ipfw. ... something similar to the psd module for iptables? ...
    (freebsd-stable)