From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of PARIMALA KALAVALA
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 11:55 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: regarding installation of linux on same partition withiout
losingdata

Hi,

I want to install linux on the preexisting linux partition. But I want
retain the original data in the previous partition. How can I do this
while
installation. Is there any option for doing this while installation.
Any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks

Regards
Parimala

  • Re: Failing to get wireless card working on Toshiba + Suse
    ... >by 'complete reinstall' you mean, you have reformatted the partition ... YaST detects an existing installation, ... nothing in the Linux partition that I wanted to keep. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Installing Linux on Windows dual boot machine
    ... Ideally, should Linux be installed before my data partition, after it, ... and a Linux installation; ... Windows will not see the Linux installation at all. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: How to copy your whole main partition?
    ... Incremental backup of my installation is exactly the reason I started ... Director, Partition Manager, Partition Magic, and more recently the ... Windows 7 beta will be my fourth. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Needed help with Linux installation
    ... If so, did the installation software ... create partitions for linux from within the installation software. ... This makes linux author the partition table entries, ... >ignoring may cause warning problems with some boot loaders. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: RH9 install question..
    ... I was able to overcome the problem by just creating a partition ... It is very strange that Linux didn't recognize the brand new HDD right out ... Couple of notes what I noticed during installation. ... The disk was recognized but ...
    (comp.os.linux)