From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of PARIMALA KALAVALA
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 11:55 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: regarding installation of linux on same partition withiout
losingdata

Hi,

I want to install linux on the preexisting linux partition. But I want
retain the original data in the previous partition. How can I do this
while
installation. Is there any option for doing this while installation.
Any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks

Regards
Parimala

  • Re: Failing to get wireless card working on Toshiba + Suse
    ... >by 'complete reinstall' you mean, you have reformatted the partition ... YaST detects an existing installation, ... nothing in the Linux partition that I wanted to keep. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Installing Linux on Windows dual boot machine
    ... Ideally, should Linux be installed before my data partition, after it, ... and a Linux installation; ... Windows will not see the Linux installation at all. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: How to copy your whole main partition?
    ... Incremental backup of my installation is exactly the reason I started ... Director, Partition Manager, Partition Magic, and more recently the ... Windows 7 beta will be my fourth. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: RH9 install question..
    ... I was able to overcome the problem by just creating a partition ... It is very strange that Linux didn't recognize the brand new HDD right out ... Couple of notes what I noticed during installation. ... The disk was recognized but ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: RH9 install question..
    ... I was able to overcome the problem by just creating a partition ... It is very strange that Linux didn't recognize the brand new HDD right out ... Couple of notes what I noticed during installation. ... The disk was recognized but ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)