Mysql rpm upgrade

I have been asked to upgrade the Mysql rpm's on one our Redhat version 3
machines and wanted to now the best way of doing this. Should I use the rpm
erase option then the rpm install option or can i just use the upgrade or
Freshen options. Any advice on the best way of doing this would be much
appreciated. If you have done this before what command did you use. The
rpm's I am upgrading too are below.

 MySQL-server-community-5.1.22-0.rhel3.i386.rpm
MySQL-client-community-5.1.22-0.rhel3.i386.rpm

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Limited nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.

For address and company registration details of certain entities
within the Corus group of companies, please visit
http://www.corusgroup.com/entities

  • Re: Upgrading RH9 to Fedora?
    ... PH>> But I also will not update my mail/file server that runs Redhat 9 at the ... PH> upgrade the RH9 box? ... I read many posts from people still running Redhat ... bleeding edge driver software: UNIX/Linux *servers* don't need a X ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • FC2 Problems - Trying to avoid complete re-install
    ... I recently decided to upgrade my system running FC1 to FC2. ... RedHat -> System Settings ... RedHat -> System Settings -> Server Settings ... able to fix this by upgrading from the stock 2.6.5 kernel to 2.6.8. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Swap Distribution
    ... > debian's maintenance and upgrade facilities blow everything at redhat ... In the redhat world, a reinstall is SOP. ... > With Debian, ... 12-18 month release cycle and five years of support for every version. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Where can i buy a printer for SUSE 8.2?
    ... >today it is going force him to upgrade to 9.1 to get drivers for it. ... Same thing forced me off my Redhat 9 last month and I ... I haven't seen a decent printer that doesn't have support ... what I recently discovered about what pdd files show in the ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Mysql rpm upgrade
    ... I have been asked to upgrade the Mysql rpm's on one our Redhat version 3 ... For address and company registration details of certain entities ... within the Corus group of companies, ...
    (RedHat)