copy a bunch of rile, then delete from source

Hi,

Here is what I want to do:

- Copy a number of files (using a wildcard, like logapplication*.tar.gz) from one server to another
- Once done, I want to delete the files from the source server.

The first step is easy to do... ssh keys, cronjob, and scp. However, can I be sure that the file has been copied successfully? I thought of comparing md5sums source/destination before deleting the source.

Could rsync be of help?

Regards,

Ugo

  • Re: copy a bunch of rile, then delete from source
    ... Cameron Simpson wrote: ... Copy a number of files (using a wildcard, like logapplication*.tar.gz) from one server to another ... I want to delete the files from the source server. ... Did you even bother to read "man rsync" before asking this question? ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Where to find sites.
    ... stsadmin -o enumsites is the way to go for wildcard included paths ... On the IIS server navigate open a Commadn Prompt and CD to ... > sharepoint virtual server administrator website. ...
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: ntp client not syncing with the server
    ... how can i tell if the ntp client is not locking on with the server? ... offset 33.388710 sec ... wildcard, 0.0.0.0#123 ... the 3 client is not in sync with the server. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Certificate uncertainties
    ... Create a certificate that uses a wildcard. ... Although this article has not been updated, we do support wildcards in ... Wildcards Used by Server Certificates for Server Authentication ...
  • Re: Wildcard A records
    ... The web site on this server responds to any request and builds the ... IN CNAME *.bar.com. ... Is there a preferred way to manage that first wildcard? ... is in a zone that has its name in the DNS Suffix search list, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)