International load language & keyboard settings
- From: ashis.v.purbhoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:10:18 -0500
Fellow red-hat admins,
I've have some questions on the interactions between keyboard & languages
settings. For example, if I have a Russian, German, or Norwegian keyboard
does that automatically result in changing the language settings. What are
the issues/problems with having a Russian keyboard setting with the default
language set to English/US/C vs. changing it to Russian.
What are the implications of having different settings or is it preferred
to place English/US/C in addition to having a secondary language set? Or
is the preference to have the system's keyboard setting by default set to
the region & have the user choose language settings?
I'm looking for specifics on advantages/disadvantages to either
configuration or if there is another standard that would be better and why
& file(s) would need to be modified.
redhat-list mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: Command to get tape capacity status?
- Next by Date: Hijacked email address.
- Previous by thread: Creating a bootable dvd from 3 red hat linux 9 cd's
- Next by thread: Hijacked email address.