From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 3:38 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: CUPS scheduler dies when adding smb-shared Windows printer

is there a firewall between the networks? can you connect to the 445 tcp?

#telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 445

Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues (DEiGrAtiA-33)
<deigratia33@xxxxxxxxx>
CCNA, MCSO, Security+
Mirabilia laudo semprer, Dei

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Andrew Elliott <Andrew.Elliott@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Trying to add a printer that's shared on a Windows workstation on a
different subnet, error_log isn't very helpful, just shows:

"Scheduler shutting down due to SIGTERM"

I adjusted cupsd.conf to "Allow All" connections from remote networks.

I'm using the following command to set up the printer:

/usr/sbin/lpadmin -p printer1 -v smb://print:print@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
/printshare

Error:

lpadmin: add-printer (set device) failed: server-error-service-unavailable
-
service dies and has to be restarted after that

RHEL v.3.2.3-42

cups-libs-1.1.17-13.3.12

cups-1.1.17-13.3.45

I do get information when running "smbclient -L XX.XXX.XX.XXX -U print"
but
it also gives the following error:

session request to 10.207.92.127 failed (Called name not present)

session request to 10 failed (Called name not present)

updating to the most recent RHN patches is NOT possible at this time, it's
24x7 environment (uptime 280 days).

Any ideas?

The printer adds fine on my test server connecting to the local internal
network (same package versions, os, etc.).

Thanks in advance

Andrew Elliott.

  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] RE: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!
    ... Subject: RE: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434! ... Seems to be the most common opinion of those who have no apparent experience with large networks. ... held no responsibility here, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Cannot Remote Desktop (or ping) between 2 SBS sites
    ... First step is to change the listening port on all WS you wish to RDP to. ... Next in ISA Server Management Expand Access Policy and under Protocols ... >>> SBS2K3 site to VPN into the SBS2K site, ... >>> are different between networks ofcourse) - still cannot ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] RE: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!
    ... it's prolly as late/current as the dealing with port 1433. ... Seems to be the most common opinion of those who have no apparent experience with large networks. ... That it is cheaper for negligent ... > held no responsibility here, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Cannot Remote Desktop (or ping) between 2 SBS sites
    ... Change the Port!!! ... SBS2K3 site to VPN into the SBS2K site, ... Desktop Connect to a workstation at that site. ... are different between networks ofcourse) - still cannot ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DoS attack... what to do?
    ... One of the most powerful devices we've seen working for port 80 (or any ... Networks ServerIron 450. ... Check with your ISP if they offer DoS/DDoS mitigation equipment. ... An excellent source for DoS/DDoS attacks is: ...
    (Incidents)