Re: *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption RedHat 4 AS

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:44:55 -0500, mark wrote:

Bhat, Ajit wrote:
Hi -

We always build our product on passing machine which is Linux 4 ES and
same code now testing on Linux 4 AS. Glibc and gcc version are different
on failing machine.
<snip>
You built the program on one box, and then copied it to another box with a
different glibc?

Um, NOT a good idea.

Why? This is about RHEL 4, where glibc is the same for AS and ES.
Its version is still the same for several years. Just the patch-level
(= package release version) differs from the original RHEL4.

The stacktrace is not helpful, though, (at least not for an outsider)
because it doesn't even enter the application and because debuginfo is
missing. And, of course, it would be important to test against the
very latest glibc update from end of 2007, which is still the same
glibc version.

  • Re: recommendation for toolchain
    ... What toolchain can you recommend to me? ... Building a cross-GCC for Linux shouldn't be any harder than building ... When producing GCC one needs premade binutils and a premade C ... So if you can find an existing premade glibc for the ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: HLA question
    ... I wasn't aware that GCC worked under Windows. ... limited in their ability to compile code available for Linux. ... GLIBC has never been fully ported to a non-Linux ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption RedHat 4 AS
    ... Bhat, Ajit wrote: ... We always build our product on passing machine which is Linux 4 ES and ... same code now testing on Linux 4 AS. ... Glibc and gcc version are different ...
    (RedHat)
  • [Full-Disclosure] THREATCON HITTING DANGEROUS LEVELS!
    ... > This is the linux glibc bootstrap code behaviour. ... and only am using linux ia32. ... i think maybe a kernel patch is the best place for this.. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: where can i get the c library source code
    ... gcc, glibc, linux, openbsd, freebsd... ...
    (comp.lang.c)