Re: IBM server slows down

Pankaj Batra wrote:
Hi Techies.

We have RHEL4 installed on Xeon based IBM servers x series with 1GB RAM and
36GB*4 SCSI with RAID5 configured. And clients connect server thru telnet
session. After 7-8 hours of working server seem to slow in response and over
all working slows down. Please note TIBCO also works here for updations.We
have to restart the server in order to make the working faster.

Is there anyway in which :- 1.We don have to restart and refresh all the
processes or memory ? 2.How many telnet connection(maximum) can be made on
the server at a time? 3.Is there any way to close 6 consoles including
graphical and only one console works with networking ?

Please do reply..

Well, first question: how many telnet sessions? And, while we're at it, why
haven't you forced them to ssh from telnet? It's a pretty transparent change.

mark

  • Re: inetd to take telnet request
    ... flavours of TELNET here - so I read on. ... I know about INETD only from long ago with the RS/6000 UNIX, ... server applications" in the CS IP Configuration Guide: ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Product for Running Embedded C# Application
    ... Telnet sessions or Web sessions with our Web server on the device and a lot ... There's a Telnet server available to Windows CE ... communicates with specific hardware and forwards data to a back end ...
  • Re: RDP access to SBS 2003 - HELP please
    ... Might I add that 'out of the box', when I first got the server it worked ... of it to the telnet prompt and quit. ... Try the remote desktop connection to see if it works. ... the effect that it can't connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 23. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Telnet session "Shell process may not have been launched" (Solution)
    ... this is a feature change in win2k3 server. ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ... >the 2003 Security Guide suggests you disable the service, ... but Telnet won't be functional without it. ...
  • RE: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipie
    ... In your details you are saying to type the following command ... > SMTP telnet session. ... When the issue happens again, in the Exchange Server, please telnet ... > times to close the connection to the server and leave the Telnet session ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)