Re: Forcing users to change password at login - Probably "Again"

On Monday 14 July 2008 05:05:03 pm Hari N wrote:
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And just to make me feel bad..

chage -d 0 does what my script does.. but for some reason when you su
username
in RHEL 4 it does not look for the expiration in /etc/shadow (pretty
lame) ..

Oh well.. thanks for all the help

Ben

Perhaps it did not need a password change to allow you to switch because
you did su from root login? Did you try to su to this user from another
non-root user id?

Hari

Nope, I did su from my normal user account. If from root, I would expect no
requirement for password prompt either (as it should / would just switch your
user for you).

Ben