From: Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FTP
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 1:49 AM

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:38:50 +0530, Joy Methew wrote:

# vi /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
# no_anon_password=no
restart vsftpd
but it`s nt working

Okay. That option doesn't do what you think it does. It defaults to NO
already, so setting it to NO doesn't make a change. If you set it to YES,
the anonymous user need not send a PASS command at all.

You asked the following (with a missing question mark)

can we give password to *ANONYMOUS user in vsftpd.

which doesn't match your configuration steps. Perhaps it's time for
you to show that you understand Anonymous FTP. Then it might become
clear where you see a problem in configuring your system.

  • Re: FTP
    ... Okay. ... the anonymous user need not send a PASS command at all. ... which doesn't match your configuration steps. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: FTP
    ... Subject: FTP ... Okay. ... the anonymous user need not send a PASS command at all. ... which doesn't match your configuration steps. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: FTP
    (RedHat)
  • RE: vsftpd beginners tutorial?
    ... # This file was created to illustrate the steps needed to create a new FTP ... Why vsftpd as this FTP Server? ... System software customization considerations. ... User and Group Configuration ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Conflicting PCI Requirements - TLS FTP
    ... I just about guarantee to you that no single configuration will solve every ftps use-case. ... If you are receiving connections, you can configure it to be flexible for clients, but clients will have to alter their own config based on their problems and yours. ... Likewise, if you are the client, you'll have a few configs, with 1 solving 75% of your issues, and 3 addressing the rest. ... Conflicting PCI Requirements - TLS FTP ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)