Re: USB and Blacklist

In my case, I would like to enable USB device for our
RHEL Ver 5.2. Redhat support told me it's intentionally
disabled for root under Redhat Ver 5.x for security reason
but I'm not convinced though I've not tried with non-root
accounts yet.

I checked /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist & there's no entry
on usb_storage. So how do I enable USB (thumb drive
or 2.5" USB disk) in my case?

I could manually mount the USB device though :
mount -t vfat /dev/sdj1 /mount_point

Not much luck with the redhat support so far despite
sending numerous logs & sosreport.

Whenever I insert a thumb drive, dmesg or messages shows:
date... kernel: SCSI device sdj: ... byte
date... kernel: write protect is off
date... kernel: assuming rive cache write through
date... kernel: sdj: sdl date... kernel: attached SCSI removable disk sdj
date... kernel: attached SCSI sg13 type 0

Thanks