X server not running after install/deinstall VMware-tools

Hi,

I've installed RHEL 4.7 on a ESX VMware machine.

[root@rbndtcgxwo601 /]# cat /etc/redhat-release

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 7)

It worked quite nice until I installed the VMware tools.

So I uninstalled the VMware tools, but stil I can't get my Xserver
running. The screen is flipping between the Cross and a screen full of
vertical barrs and sometimes there is the blue ring (consisted out of
balls) rotating. But still there is no X screen.

Now I thought to reinstall the X software (is it xorg??)

How can I do this with rpm or with up2date?

I couldn't get is to force install over the same X software.!!!

# rpm -qa | grep xorg

xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL-6.8.2-1.EL.52

xorg-x11-6.8.2-1.EL.52

xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-devel-6.8.2-1.EL.52

fonts-xorg-75dpi-6.8.2-1.EL

xorg-x11-devel-6.8.2-1.EL.52

xorg-x11-xfs-6.8.2-1.EL.52

xorg-x11-twm-6.8.2-1.EL.52

xorg-x11-xauth-6.8.2-1.EL.52

xorg-x11-libs-6.8.2-1.EL.52

xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.8.2-1.EL.52

xorg-x11-tools-6.8.2-1.EL.52

xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU-6.8.2-1.EL.52

fonts-xorg-base-6.8.2-1.EL

fonts-xorg-100dpi-6.8.2-1.EL

xorg-x11-xdm-6.8.2-1.EL.52

xorg-x11-font-utils-6.8.2-1.EL.52

Met vriendelijke Groeten,

Tom Adriaansen

IT Beheerder | Infrastructure Services | IT Operations

* +31 314 34 9223
*
* tom.adriaansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reed Business