Re: winbind problem

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 6:56 PM, jared davis <davisjar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm running RHEL4. I'm having a problem with winbind which I use for
authentication to Active Directory into the box.

I can run winbind and it works fine, however, after a couple weeks or
so, the server slows to a crawl, sendmail stops working, etc. When I ps
aux, winbind has spawned several winbindd processes which spikes the CPU
to 100%. I have to kill all winbind processes and restart winbind.

probably an strace on the pid of the winbindd processes might give a clue

--
Thanks and Regards
Nabeel Moidu

  • winbind problem
    ... authentication to Active Directory into the box. ... I can run winbind and it works fine, however, after a couple weeks or ... so, the server slows to a crawl, sendmail stops working, etc. ... winbind has spawned several winbindd processes which spikes the CPU ...
    (RedHat)
  • Winbind / Samba not Obeying require_membership_of when ActiveDirectory "User must change password at
    ... so I have an Active Directory server running on Windows Server 2012 Standard ... When I first install winbind and samba I run this command with a ReadOnly account: ... auth required pam_permit.so ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: AD logins
    ... i have a windows 2000 active directory domain environment. ... winbind service has to be started after the time is synchronized. ... Domain Controllers: the addresses or names (if your workstation can ... computer objects in the Computers container of your AD domain. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: AD logins
    ... > i have a windows 2000 active directory domain environment. ... to authenticate against AD. ... winbind service has to be started after the time is synchronized. ... computer objects in the Computers container of your AD domain. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: AD logins
    ... i have a windows 2000 active directory domain environment. ... to authenticate against AD. ... winbind service has to be started after the time is synchronized. ... the addresses or names (if your workstation can resolve ...
    (Fedora)