De: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
En nombre de Madan Thapa
Enviado el: Sábado, 13 de Diciembre de 2008 05:06 p.m.
Para: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Asunto: Re: Mount

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Joy Methew <ml4joy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,
how we can deny user to mount cdrom and usb??

what about ?

chmod 700 /bin/mount

This will prevent non root users from mounting.

if you want to restrict a single user, restricting sudo is another option

  • hi, problem with Canyon portable HDD with USB interface
    ... Can't mount Canyon portable HDD with USB interface ... bfa00000-cfbfffff: PCI Bus #01 ... I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Problem with random disks mount sequence
    ... I'll get random mount sequences. ... At the beginning the USB ... nautilus remember that 'storage3' was 1st partition, ... SCSI drives are listed by order of discovery. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: how do i use a memory stick on freebsd?
    ... you can add a default mountpoint and mount options for the USB ... FAT file systems correspond to a slice on the device, ... You can mount this device. ... sufficient permissions to the involved files, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Mounting an iPod as an external HDD
    ... (i don't know enough to say if compiling the drivers into ... > How do I mount a USB external drive? ... > I don't know how to mount a USB device. ... I was wondering how I would mount the iPod on my FreeBSD ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: /etc/fstab auto not auto-mounting
    ... is clearly scheduled to happen before loading usb support. ... the kernel modules were on the root file system, ... It could load the necessary kernel modules, then mount the ... drives, and be linked to run just about any time after mountfs. ...
    (comp.os.linux)