Re: VMWare

Paul M. Whitney wrote:
VMWare server 2.0 (I believe) is the latest release. It works like a charm.
I do not believe you have any toasting concerns by installing and using it.
There is a lot of support for it on the web mostly at vmware.com.

A question: a friend on another list says I might need to install the kernel
dev kit, since I'm installing it in use mode.
<snip>
Thanks!

mark

  • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
    ... contacted HP Support directly about these problems? ... the machine did not come with Vista SP1 preinstalled)? ... issues started right after installing that update, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
    ... crossposted it to Windows Update newsgroup) but it must've gotten lost in the ether because it hasn't appeared. ... I'd recommend either contacting HP Support or Microsoft Vista SP1 Support, ... issues started right after installing that update, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Error 372 - Failed to load control from
    ... may I know whether you are launching the VB6 app in Windows ... After installing an application to a Vista machine the following error is ... If the UAC was turned off and a member of the Admin group had attempted to ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.bugs)
  • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
    ... contacted HP Support directly about these problems? ... issues started right after installing that update, ... Windows) and allowed for most settings in IE security tab, ... conflicting security systems (Windows, Norton, HP ProtectTools, GPO ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: installing frontpage server extensions
    ... \par Subject: Re: installing frontpage server extensions ... you're encoutering some problem installing the FPSE ... \par> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)