Re: VMWare

Jose R R wrote:
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Paul M. Whitney <paul.whitney@xxxxxxx>
wrote: [...]
I also use this technology at work with VMWare Infrastructure 3. Very
powerful. There are other options in the market today such as Xen (Red
Hat), Citrix, and even Windows Hypervisor. But they all seem to be playing
catchup to VMWare's capability. [...]

"seem" is not an objective statement and it simply narrows the vision and
scope of virtualization. The multiple iterations of Xen into so many
different vendors' implementations, like Red Hat and Fedora, Debian/Ubuntu,
Novell's SuSE and OpenSuSE, Oracle's OVS, Sun Microsystems xVM, simply shows
that, in the long run, Xen has the most potential for a truly connected
multi-vendor infrastructure to The Cloud.

That may be the case, but I'm *jobhunting*, and what everyone (>90%) want is
VMware.

mark

  • Re: Jake & Elwood Imminent!
    ... Earlier you wanted a pork pie hat to go and watch J & E ... ie arranging the pre-show visits with the state cruiser at ... show further afield when I can get away from my unit in the Market. ... Brochures, Pin Badges etc) on the merchandise stand, I needed a 'real' ...
    (uk.local.shropshire)
  • Re: A big change
    ... market, the MH is on the market and future travel plans are, as of ... Wanna buy a hat? ... and bill you? ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: drum corps nation
    ... *> Gotta get Andy to market that hat of his, eh, Mike?! ... How 'bout we have him done up in your old Corps colors? ... Hey, ...
    (rec.arts.marching.drumcorps)
  • Re: Those whacky Southern preachers
    ... Speaking of fortuitous...how nice that you should mention Tilley hats as I ... was in the market for a hat. ... They are a very comfortable hat! ...
    (rec.boats)