Re: backups

---- Original message ----
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 09:11:20 +1100
From: Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx>

On 05Jan2009 16:42, m.roth2006@xxxxxxx <m.roth2006@xxxxxxx> wrote:
| Ok, I've *just* become aware of a new requirement, and that would seem
| to preclude, say, Bacula. This is that I *cannot* have a backup initiated
| from the repository server - it *must* be initiated client side. So,
| what am I looking at, amanda, or am I back to say, rsync and/or scp?

What if the client prods the repository server, which then starts a
backup?

Not sure (from his response) if that's really acceptable. Heh - I think I found my next F/OSS project....

mark

  • Re: backups
    ... This is that I *cannot* have a backup initiated ... | from the repository server - it *must* be initiated client side. ... Man, bacula is a beast. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: backups
    ... | to preclude, say, Bacula. ... This is that I *cannot* have a backup initiated ... | from the repository server - it *must* be initiated client side. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Recycling of volumes in Bacula
    ... I have now set up my first couple of backup jobs, ... each with its ovn fd/sd and pool ... I use incremental backup. ... Bacula system. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [Bacula-users] Recycling of volumes in Bacula
    ... version control an recycling of volumes. ... I use incremental backup. ...   Pool Type = Backup ... from the Bacula system. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: bacula vs. amanda
    ... No - but you must have enough RAM or VM so that the Bacula daemon (one ... >> (decreases the backup window on the clients and allows the tape drives ... >streaming the files to tape. ... stage the backups - these spool files you typically limit in size ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)