Re: Can't Boot or Rescue

Hi all,
If it is HP Blade or in general , Just try to replace the ctrlr or ctrlr
cache . I guess it will be ok.

Have a great time.

Regards,
Krishna

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Hannibal S. Jackson <
hannibaljackson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Got a linux server, a sysadmin accidentally pulled the power to the server
thinking it went elsewhere. Server and RAID crashed hard, now server will
not come back up. Powering up server dies and it complains about label = /
not being found and that the kernel has panicked - not syncing - trying to
kill INIT and it dies. Tried to boot of installation CD into rescue mode,
claims there are no linux partitions available; however, if we let it go
through the beginning phase of the install, it picks up the disks and sees
the existing partitions. Because it doesn't find the partition it won't
mount /mnt/sysimage or whatever it's called, therefore, I can't run FDISK
-L. Any ideas on how to recover the partition and bring the machine back up
so I can run an FSCK on the RAID b/c I'm sure those disks are not in a great
state right now either. Thanks.

  • Re: LVM questions for FC3
    ... What happens if a LV spans over mutliple hard disks and one of the ... Can the server still keep on ... LVM gives you none of the above. ... which you can create/reduce/enlarge/remove virtual partitions, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Corrupt GPT header on disk from twa array - fixable?
    ... In the old server, 4 of the disks were connected to a twa controller, which of course has it's own way of marking units/volumes on those disks. ... I'm missing a large part and I am wondering if there's some method to access those last partitions too. ... Here's what gpart show says about the problematic disk: ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Getting rid of "Low Disk Space" message
    ... Do you have any auditing turned on for the disks? ... 2003 server, I saved two old NT drive partitions in case I needed ... I'm about ready to delete the partitions just to get ...
  • Re: rebuild 240v from scratch
    ... >>> of METADEVICE databases on server b. ... >>> find a metadb on server B to resolve it to a physical partition. ... > It is likely that you have lost the metadb partitions on you two ... > you two data disk. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: lpar and advanced virtualization question.
    ... Two partitions are effectively two completely different servers, ... Some disadvantages to using a single, partitioned server are... ... again, you might want to do that for standalone servers anyway, particularly ... lpar and advanced virtualization question. ...
    (AIX-L)