Re: Can't Boot or Rescue

Hi all,
If it is HP Blade or in general , Just try to replace the ctrlr or ctrlr
cache . I guess it will be ok.

Have a great time.

Regards,
Krishna

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Hannibal S. Jackson <
hannibaljackson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Got a linux server, a sysadmin accidentally pulled the power to the server
thinking it went elsewhere. Server and RAID crashed hard, now server will
not come back up. Powering up server dies and it complains about label = /
not being found and that the kernel has panicked - not syncing - trying to
kill INIT and it dies. Tried to boot of installation CD into rescue mode,
claims there are no linux partitions available; however, if we let it go
through the beginning phase of the install, it picks up the disks and sees
the existing partitions. Because it doesn't find the partition it won't
mount /mnt/sysimage or whatever it's called, therefore, I can't run FDISK
-L. Any ideas on how to recover the partition and bring the machine back up
so I can run an FSCK on the RAID b/c I'm sure those disks are not in a great
state right now either. Thanks.