Re: Backup and restore of RHEL 4.5

Hi Rohit,

I think partimage can help you out. Have a look to this howto:

http://orgs.man.ac.uk/documentation/partimage/index-1.html

Otherwise, some more instructions:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/admin-primer/s1-disaster-rhlspec.html

Hope this helps!

kind regards,

Kim DS.

Rohit khaladkar <rohit.khaladkar@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
01/22/2009 01:16 PM
Please respond to
General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Backup and restore of RHEL 4.5

Hi!I have a server on which RHEL 4.5 is installed.Can you please let me
know
if there is a particular way where I can take full backup of the OS and
restore it back on some other server, or the same server.

Thanks!
Rohit Khaladkar

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged. Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege. If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message. Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender. Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com

  • Backup and restore of RHEL 4.5
    ... Hi!I have a server on which RHEL 4.5 is installed.Can you please let me know ... if there is a particular way where I can take full backup of the OS and ... Rohit Khaladkar ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Disabling sslv2 on linux for port 636.
    ... Rohit khaladkar wrote: ... Showing this has nothing at all to do with apache. ... Is this server an LDAP server, ... If none of the above is true, then you need to shut down the LDAP ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Can adding users be disabled.
    ... lessee, edit /etc/passwd, create the home directory, set permissions, add to /etc/groups.... ... SELinux can deny operation useradd even for the root-user. ... Restart the server, in my opinion, is not required. ... bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rohit khaladkar ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Restrict access to a particular server.
    ... Rohit khaladkar wrote: ... This rule means allow access to port 1521 from IP machine_A. ... Connecting to the server on any port, so you'll need to add Many ... a iptable rule which would make sure that only the other machine ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Can adding users be disabled.
    ... Why do you think you need to keep the root account from creating users? ... SELinux can deny operation useradd even for the root-user. ... Restart the server, in my opinion, is not required. ... bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rohit khaladkar ...
    (RedHat)