Re: Kernel panic on kernel-2.6.18-128* kernels

Sanjay Chakraborty a écrit :
What the kernel panic message saying? It may be new kernels need to
have ram disk compiled with new drivers? So run mkinitid for that
kernel from working kernel and boot with new complied ram disk kernel.
Make sure to do backup the initrd before compiling.

What is the best way to be able to see the kernel panic message?

  • Re: Developing a Device Driver
    ... > be nice to present to users as a file system - the data that is produced ... > This is why I initially thought about a RAM disk type approach, ... Can I get access to the network through a driver? ... > the right term) kernel proxy, that would allow a user mode application to ...
  • Re: How to edit partition labels?
    ... You /must/ have a ram disk to use a label on your boot partition. ... If the system uses the ext3 file system, a SCSI controller, or uses labels to ... RAM disk allows a modular kernel to have access to modules that it might need ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Beige PowerMac G3/266 trouble
    ... I just wanted to say that this fs is not needed to boot up the ... the ram disk, so entering /dev/ram is probably better. ... the initrd parameter gives the kernel an image with which it ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)
  • Re: Kernel panic: initramfs problem? [SOLVED - mostly]
    ... initrd.img-2.6.18-6-686 is 4899969 bytes in size (generic kernel) ... Following up on the initrd idea.... ... with support for the initial RAM disk enabled. ... If RAM disk support is also included, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • [opensuse] Booting w/o RAM disk w/Grub...
    ... I'm befuddle by grub. ... I'm able to boot w/o a ram disk if I convert a machine back to lilo. ... I'm guessing that's what the command line to the kernel is for, ...
    (SuSE)