Re: size limit for root partion
- From: "Tech W." <techwww@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 10:35:09 +0800 (CST)
--- On Sun, 24/5/09, Kumaresh P <kumaresh81@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Kumaresh P <kumaresh81@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: size limit for root partion
To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Received: Sunday, 24 May, 2009, 12:00 PM
ext3 can support upto a max of 2^^31-1 blocks which
translates to ~16TB.
I would recommend a separate partition of 100MB for /boot
as a best practice.
Why a separate /boot? Thanks.
Need a Holiday? Win a $10,000 Holiday of your choice. Enter now.http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJxN2x2ZmNpBF9zAzIwMjM2MTY2MTMEdG1fZG1lY2gDVGV4dCBMaW5rBHRtX2xuawNVMTEwMzk3NwR0bV9uZXQDWWFob28hBHRtX3BvcwN0YWdsaW5lBHRtX3BwdHkDYXVueg--/SIG=14600t3ni/**http%3A//au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline/creativeholidays/*http%3A//au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/%3Fp1=other%26p2=au%26p3=mailtagline
redhat-list mailing list
- Prev by Date: service jts stops automatically
- Next by Date: Re: Semi OT: cpu always 100%
- Previous by thread: Re: size limit for root partion
- Next by thread: RE: size limit for root partion