RE: How commands are executing ?

I think you need to read up on the fundamentals of what a shell (like BASH) does when you instruct it to 'execute' a file.

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of siva subramaniyan
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:06 PM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How commands are executing ?

I have a small doubt, the binary commands under /bin and
/sbin as well as other path binary files, if you peek deep
into that, you can find the difference in the way of normal
perl programming and some commands will be like binary files.
how are the commands executing like the difference in perl
scripting and binary files.

  siva

Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer
Internet Explorer 8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/

  • Re: Searching for Robust Download Automation
    ... to execute a command upon successful transfer. ... ad hoc methods for detecting corrupted/incomplete files, executing ... those commands, and cleaning out the transferred files. ... UUCP has done the things I list above for 20+ years, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Makeinfo error when attempting to compile binutils-2.18 for AVR target
    ... I'm trying to compile the gnu avr toolchain on Fedora 7. ... config.status: executing depfiles commands ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: remove user exe execute permission
    ... The only way I can think of to prevent a user from executing commands is to ... needs to be able to call CreateProcess* to successfully run CGI Scripts on ... >> full control under their IIS web folder to their files. ...
  • Re: source question
    ... > currently executing using the 'info script' command. ... some main commands ... some filea commands ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: utl_file.frename against utl_file.fcopy
    ... I'm executing these commands ... in my Oracle 10.2 Database running on debian linux. ... Puget Sound Oracle Users Group ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.misc)