RE: ext2 & ext3

I agree with you mark - just wanted to offer an opposing viewpoint to Joys.

Sent from my Windows Mobile® phone.

-----Original Message-----
From: mark <m.roth2006@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 23:53
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ext2 & ext3

Marti, Rob wrote:
Journaling is a pretty large difference in and of itself... because of that,
ext2 and ext3 are massively different.

<rolls eyes>

I was assuming the original poster would actually do some research, and read
what journaling was, Rob. But if Joy thinks there's no real difference, that's
ok, whoever takes over from them will have great fun trying to restore the lost
changes before the last sync.

mark

redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Joy Methew [ml4joy@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 23:32 To:
General Red Hat Linux discussion list Subject: Re: ext2 & ext3

I think here is not any practical difference b/w ext2 & ext3.